• Wash your hands more often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitiser
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
• Avoid close contact with people who have symptoms
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin and wash your hands
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home
• Avoid contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). These symptoms include high temperature and/or new and continuous cough
• Avoid non-essential use of public transport,
• Work from home, where possible.
• Avoid large gatherings, and gatherings in smaller public spaces such as pubs, cinemas, restaurants, theatres, bars, clubs
• Avoid gatherings with friends and family. Keep in touch using remote technology such as phone, internet, and social media
• Use telephone or online services to contact your GP or other essential services
We strongly advise you to follow the above measures as much as you can and to significantly limit your face-to-face interaction with friends and family if possible, particularly if you:
• are over 70
• have an underlying health condition
• are pregnant
Barnton Parish Council can offer support to the most vulnerable and isolated groups. Please contact the Parish Clerk
on; 07849 344 940
We would like to ask everyone to keep an eye on their immediate neighbours, but particularly the elderly and more vulnerable.
Within our own streets we can look to check on neighbours and friends to see if there is any way in which we can help.
We will be will posting information here with the aim of sharing as much positive and useful information as possible over the coming weeks.
Stay safe everyone. We will keep updating.
Barnton Parish Council
Tel;- 0784 934 4940
Public Health England has produced a dashboard with information on confirmed cases of coronavirus;-
The Government has published its Coronavirus action plan, which outlines what the health and social care system across the UK has done to tackle the outbreak, and what it plans to do next;-
Government information about coronavirus and claiming benefits – including information on Universal Credit and Statutory Sick Pay claims;-
Cheshire West and Chester Council – Media release;-