Cheshire West and Chester is in Local COVID Alert Level: High
New restrictions, subject to Parliamentary approval, will be introduced in Cheshire West and Chester on Wednesday, 14 October, in response to a sharp increase in the number of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the borough.
- People must not socialise with anybody outside of their household or support bubble in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place.
- People must not socialise in a group of more than six outside, including in a garden or other spaces like beaches or parks.
- Businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-Secure manner, other than those which remain closed in law.
- Certain businesses selling food or drink on their premises are required to close between 10pm and 5am. Businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises, can continue to do so after 10pm as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-through.
- Schools, universities and places of worship remain open.
- Weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on the number of attendees.
- Exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors. These will only be permitted indoors if it is possible for people to avoid mixing with people they do not live with (or share a support bubble with).
- People can continue to travel to venues or amenities which are open, for work or to access education, but should look to reduce the number of journeys they make where possible.
- Wear a face covering in those areas where this is mandated.
People should continue to:
- Follow social distancing rules.
- Work from home where they can effectively do so.
- Walk or cycle where possible, or plan ahead and avoid busy times and routes on public transport.